There are several new enhancements to New Hampshire’s Downloadable Books website. Some of the highlights include:
- A more visually appealing website with book cover graphics
- A more streamlined process for borrowing downloadable books
- Patrons will now be able to view and listen to samples of audiobooks and eBooks before borrowing
- From the lists tab of their account page, patrons will be able to view recommendations of books determined by their particular book interests
- When browsing, patrons can easily add titles to their “Wish List” with a single click
When viewing a title, there is an option to “Buy It Now” which brings patrons to links for
- Websites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble where the books are available
- With OverDrive Read – once a downloadable book is borrowed, patrons will now have the option to read books right from their internet browsers with no software downloading required
Please take a moment to watch the video demo below from Overdrive on some of the changes.
For more on OverDrive Read please visit the website below. There is also a sample of “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” in the FAQ tab, so you can see how the function will work.