Have you seen those signs around the Library?
Now all of us have heard a lot about “Going Green”. I know many of us already do our part by using cloth bags for groceries. So how can giving the library an email address help the environment?
Well, people, here it is.
- In my account I receive 2 or more emails in 1 month reminding me that items I checked out are almost due.
- I also receive about 3 emails every month that items I reserved are now waiting for me.
Now you ask what does this mean?
Here is the list of the overall savings:
- I owe no money on overdue charges because of the reminder! (Everyone wants to save $$$$?)
- I know right away what is being held for me and how long the library will hold it.
- The library has now saved money and resources by not sending me a paper letter.
- No postage was used.
- No envelope was used.
- No one had to process the letter.
- No one delivered the letter.
WOW! All this because of an email address?
It’s really easy to do:
- While you are here checking out materials ask the clerk to include your email address in your record so that you can do your part in Going Green!
- Or you can login to your account, click Change Account Information, and add your email address.
There are other perks to going online!
- Go into your record and renew your materials online.
- Place holds on materials.
- Use fabulous online databases (for extensive research, homework etc.) that are paid for by the library just for you!
Now everyone who is a library patron and has access to a computer linked to the internet can do their part in “Going Green” with no cost to you!