We all have it. The book guilt. We’re not going to read it again, but we don’t want to throw it away. Heck, even if it’s a old textbook, long outdated. Or out kid’s (now in college) formerly favorite picture book. Here’s a couple fun ideas for how to keep our consciouses clear by keeping our books – in an altered state.
- How about some Book speakers?
- Collect a whole bunch and build a book bar – especially satisfying to use all those college textbooks.
- Vase and coffee table
- Invisible bookshelf – made out of books = clever.
- Build a book headboard. [via Craft]
- Try your hand at some neat dioramas. [via Woot.]
- Come up with your own altered books projects. There are some great altered book ideas out there. Some libraries even hold annual altered book exhibits.
If you’re inspired, but short on materials, we have a book sale coming up on September 26th. Take the chance to stock up. If you have more super ideas, please share them in the comments.
Ideas courtesy of Lifehacker, unless otherwise noted.