The Branch project is starting to ramp up and we are very excited to be moving forward!
- Bid specifications are being finalized for the three major systems to be installed:
- HVAC system
- Modern fire alarm system
- New sprinkler system
Bids for electrical work, new energy efficient windows and doors (to replace the 1980s renovations), lighting, flooring, replacing of walls and painting will be released once the intrusive work for the major systems is underway.
What still needs to be done:
- Replace the computer network systems which were destroyed in flood
- Repair the two restrooms in the lower level
- Complete the security camera project
- Order the shelving and furnishings for the lower level so they can be delivered once the space is repaired/renovated to hold them.
- and of course restocking the shelves and putting back the public computers.
Construction should start in early December and we would like to have the building operational by early April, in time to celebrate National Library Week. We are very thankful for the support of our Trustees and the Board of Mayor and Aldermen so that this project went from a one floor restoration at the time of the flood to a full and complete renovation of this historic building.
As the project progresses and the time frame is firmed up I will continue to update information on the library’s website as well as posting the information at both buildings. We know many of our library users are anxious and we thank you for their patience and support as we work to reopen an improved branch to be utilized for many years to come.