Manchester City Library is pleased to announce a new area for those seeking study materials for the U.S. Citizenship test and related items. The display is located in the reading room and will feature:
- Materials for studying for the U.S Citizenship test in at least 7 languages, including sample citizenship questions in Arabic, Spanish, Tagalog, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese
- Flash cards, DVD’s, books on the constitution, Bill of Rights, the 3 branches of government, and other symbols and anthems of the United States
- Stories and memoirs about those coming to America
- Books and DVD’s for children
- Free information for immigrants to keep
- Displays on what is available at the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website
Such as where to fill out the online citizenship application.
- Information on where in the community to go for legal help on the citizenship process
- Study online by watching The USCIS Naturalization Interview and Test Video
- See this if you’re considering becoming a citizen (Spanish)
- See this if you’re considering becoming a citizen (English)
- Items in the display will have “Citizen” then the call number on the spine label.
- Some materials include:
- Civics and citizenship toolkit : a collection of educational resources for immigrants
- Making it home
- S. Citizenship Test
To find Citizenship Resources in the Display: Choose “more search options”, choose citizenship collection in the collections drop-down menu. Put an asterisk in the keyword field to bring up all materials in the citizenship collection. If you need help, please feel free to ask the Information & Technology department for assistance.
The display will grow, so keep an eye out for new resources. We sincerely hope these items will be helpful to you as you become acquainted with your new country. Welcome to the United States J